Occupational and environmental health nursing is the specialty practice that provides for and delivers health and safety programs and services to workers, worker populations, and community groups. The practice focuses on promotion and restoration of health, prevention of illness and injury, and protection from work related and environmental hazards.
Serving as an extension of the client's nursing or safety department, MedInsights works to assess the needs, create programs, coordinate training, and evaluate the delivery of health and safety programs.
MedInsights offers comprehensive occupational health consulting services through its staff of experienced and certified nurses and safety professionals.
- Evaluation of existing safety programs, training, and OSHA recordkeeping system(s) and consultation for process improvement of health and safety program;
- Medical data analysis of provider performance to target injury-specific provider referral pathways, assess if alternative on-site health care is beneficial;
- Feasibility analysis of enhanced HR interventions such as post-offer/pre-placement physicals, drug & alcohol program expansion, design of "Interactive Process" of RTW, wellness programs, etc. might improve workforce production;
- Evaluation of emergency management committee effectiveness:
- Medical Emergency Response Team (first aid, CPR, AED program vaccinations, floor warden) is established, trained, and monitored for renewals. MedInsights has access to a network of national trainers for "MERT" teams Communicable/infectious disease exposure control process consulting:
- Disease transmission routes are audited for improvement actions (worker/administrative/engineering controls):
- Food/Waterborne (employee cafeteria/break rooms, bathrooms, etc.)
- Vehicle-borne (inanimate contaminated objects)
- Vector-borne (live carriers such as mosquitoes)
- Exposure Control process is audited for process improvement of:
- Worker Treatment
- Cohort exposure
- Regulatory Reporting
- Visitor Control
- Exposed Worker Re-entry @ work
- Traveler Management
- Nuclear, radiologic, biological, chemical and explosive exposures and response capabilities are evaluated for optimal management response.
To request more information, please contact us.